Monday, April 29, 2013

A Simple Prayer Answered

I turned my alarm off Thursday night and Friday morning I woke up at 6:30… without an alarm. The next morning, Saturday I also woke up at 6:30 without an alarm because I had forgot to turn it back on the previous night. I knew if I didn’t set my alarm on Saturday night for Sunday morning my times would all get wacked. I knew I couldn’t wake myself up 3 days in a row without an alarm and I knew I was going to get out of routine. So I was going to set my alarm Saturday night in my room for the next morning but my 2 little brothers, (Eli and Sam) were up late Saturday night and didn’t want to go to bed so Sam asked me if he could sleep with me. I had a kitchen full of dishes to do so I said he’d have to wait until my dishes were done and then we’d go to my room and go to sleep. Dishes were done at about midnight and Sam was already fast asleep on the lazy-boy. So I just slept in the living room with him. And because I was sleeping in the living room I couldn’t set my alarm, knowing it would wake the whole house. So I prayed to God… (a silly prayer maybe) but I asked him if he would be so kind as to allow me to wake up in the morning at 6:30. Sure enough at about 4:30 in the morning I woke up with an ear infection… thus I was awake for the rest of the night. Which means I was up at 6:30. If you’ve ever had an ear infection I don’t have to explain the pain that it causes, almost unbearable really. So Sunday night I was dreading to go to bed because that’s when all the pain comes back. And with that level of pain it is impossible to sleep. I knew this would lead to a Monday with no sleep, in other words me being cranky. So, as I was getting ready for bed… lying in bed waiting for my ear to start hurting I thought, well maybe I could ask for it not to hurt tonight… so I prayed and asked the Lord if it was in his will and if he wanted that he could give me a night without pain so I could sleep. Just a quick note; earlier that evening I wrote out the first chapter in James and it was talking about how those who doubt are like waves that are tossed among the sea. So I was lying in bed with that chapter going through my head. So I said… “Well, Lord, I know you can give me a painless night, if it’s your will. And I don’t want to be a wave tossed among the sea so I don’t doubt your power, I believe if you want to give me a night of sleep you can. Please, just let me have a painless and full night of sleep?” I was going to be alright if he answered with a “no” but I was also going to be alright if he answered with a “yes.” This morning I woke up at 6:30 when my alarm went off and I had no pain, I slept through the whole night, no problems. One more quick note; if you get an ear infection they last about a week, at least mine do, sometimes they last a little shorter. I get one almost every time I get sick. Usually you’ll have the pain for about a week and then you can’t hear for another week or two. I have never, ever only had one for a single night. I still can’t hear and that’ll last a while but there is no pain. J

1 comment:

  1. I love reading "your heart." I'm, so, proud of the young woman in the Lord that you have become. You know "Petunias" are very pretty and I love the fragrance. The smell brings back wonderful memories. My "little" Randle brings back wonderful memories, too.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete